May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 24 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-23yrs - normal Cockatiel
Vortex (F) - Hatched March 15 2024
.... I'm getting a cat. I have a week to cat proof the home and prep the dog for a cat. I'm nervous as all hells, but dang. Been wanting a cat for ages! I'm researching introducing other pets to the cat and vice versa. SO far my brain is full. In a good way, of course. Want to keep all my babies safe :) . SOme feller near my apartment asked me if I wanted a cat and of course, being on a cat binge since I wanted Vortex, I said yes. In a matter of a month I've gone from 5 pets to seven. OY!

And kitty tax for folks who might be interested:

Meister-Omen.png

You know of course that you up the stress level of your parrots once you let a predator live in the house. Could be the best behaved feline in the history of cats. Birds KNOW. Most cats have no control over that predatory instinct (hence the term instinct).

I have a cat, too. I only let her in the birds' room if I'm there, and even then limit the time she's in there (birds never leave their cages when she's there of course).
At this point, my birds have all gotten used to having a cat around, (and they are higher up than she can reach.)
Good luck with your new cat :)

I had 4 cats who have all passed from old age and we just never allowed the cats in the same room as the birds. We never had an issue. It takes a lot of work but can be done:)
Your kitty is adorable!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back