I have just passed over the threshold of crazy

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
So, lately life's been busy, I've been gone for a while.

Rome's doing well, really well, her collar has been removed and she hasn't shredded a single feather. I'm sooooo happy to have her collar off. She is still on her psyche meds, we haven't started weaning her off of those yet, hopefully with in a month or so we can start weaning her off of them.

Rocco - well Roc is good too. Rome and Roc tolerate each other but Roc is a breed all his own. Hes completely independent, I swear hes a cat with feathers.

Here is the ridiculous part, brace yourselves, as if it wasn't enough to have an M2, we are going to look at possibly adding another. We are going to look at an M2 tomorrow at a rescue. Hes been there for two years! Crazy!!!!!!! I cant believe I'm even entertaining the idea, and I really cant believe Tommy has agreed to all this. We have been going through the Florida Parrot Rescue , they have been really nice to deal with. I was a bit reserved when filling out the application, it was really really long :11:. But the process has been really smooth, I was really surprised by this. Aside from that I cant believe we may be bringing home another Too tomorrow.

We have finally broken ground on our aviary :D YAY! Its going to be a bit bigger than originally anticipated. It will be 20ft X 12ft and 10ft tall, will try to post pics tomorrow.

Hello.. I wondered where you had been hiding:)

Glad to hear all is well and congrats on your new addition. Look forward to seeing pics.

Wow, sounds exciting! Glad your two are doing well, hopefully the meds keep working for Rome, and she can continue to be a happier birdie!

And good luck with the new potential addition, take it slowly!

Yeah we're taking it slowly, we are definitely not in a hurry. We went to meet him today but he didn't seem like a good fit for our house hold. There wasn't that sense of instant chemistry, he definitely did not pick us as his new people. So we will hopefully be going to meet another one soon, we'll keep our fingers crossed for the next one. :white1:

Epic fail yesterday. We looked at the male M2 in rescue, well as true to male too fashion, he was perfect then out of no where went for Tommy's face twice and then bite him five times on the arms and hand. Breaking the skin in multiple spots :(. All the bites, including the strikes at the face happened within seconds. Then he started going after his foster parents, who he has lived with for 6weeks. I expect the test bite here or there, they are parrots but we cant have something that goes after faces. Part of the problem is that there is a female M2 there that I think he has already bonded to and we are right in the middle of breeding season Toos. IDK, I just feel bad because he got bit, hes been a trooper though and doesn't seem to be fazed by it. So the search continues.... and may just stop, as I really don't know if we should even get another.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( Unfortunately, breeding season is upon us. The M2 we're looking at showed some aggression today and two days ago, although today was the worst. How much of that is hormones (he's 12) and how much was over stimulation and how much was testing limits, I don't know.

I'm glad Tommy's alright. It can be scary!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back