Tzutzik
New member
- Oct 20, 2023
- 9
- 25
- Parrots
- GCC
Hi all,
I have a 1yo (will be 2 in May) male GCC, I’ve had him since he was 3 months old, hand fed from a reputable breeder.
I think he imprinted on me which is not something I’m proud of, but it was before I knew better, so please don’t judge
Hes been attacking everyone else for a while now, especially men, but was never aggressive towards me. He was actually snuggly.
However, since last week, when I let him out of his cage, he suddenly flew straight to my head and bit my ear and neck so hard I actually cried.
His wings are not clipped, he’s not on an only seed diet, he eats pellets, fruits and veggies, he’s not a fan of green veggies but he loves carrots and hot peppers.
He used to be out of the cage whenever I am home before he became so aggressive towards me.
I tried to let him out every day since but I almost got my fingers chopped off every single time. I have really deep cuts and even blue bruises, depends on where the bite was.
My question is - I know that parrots usually get hormonal when they’re 1-2 year old, but how can I know if it’s just hormones or if he hates me? Before he became so aggressive I tried to introduce him to a toy which scared him a lot for some reason, could this be a reason for him to lose trust in me?
Is there anything I can do to calm him down and regain his trust?
He does call me when I leave the room, but when I approach the cage he seems aggressive, then would stop for a while to look at me, then if I move he becomes aggressive again.
It breaks my heart to see him like this.
I am sure there are hundreds of posts like this one here but I’d be thankful if you could advise.
Thanks
I have a 1yo (will be 2 in May) male GCC, I’ve had him since he was 3 months old, hand fed from a reputable breeder.
I think he imprinted on me which is not something I’m proud of, but it was before I knew better, so please don’t judge
However, since last week, when I let him out of his cage, he suddenly flew straight to my head and bit my ear and neck so hard I actually cried.
His wings are not clipped, he’s not on an only seed diet, he eats pellets, fruits and veggies, he’s not a fan of green veggies but he loves carrots and hot peppers.
He used to be out of the cage whenever I am home before he became so aggressive towards me.
I tried to let him out every day since but I almost got my fingers chopped off every single time. I have really deep cuts and even blue bruises, depends on where the bite was.
My question is - I know that parrots usually get hormonal when they’re 1-2 year old, but how can I know if it’s just hormones or if he hates me? Before he became so aggressive I tried to introduce him to a toy which scared him a lot for some reason, could this be a reason for him to lose trust in me?
Is there anything I can do to calm him down and regain his trust?
He does call me when I leave the room, but when I approach the cage he seems aggressive, then would stop for a while to look at me, then if I move he becomes aggressive again.
It breaks my heart to see him like this.
I am sure there are hundreds of posts like this one here but I’d be thankful if you could advise.
Thanks







