how to prepare egg for my sun conure

BIRDLUV

Feb 23, 2013
I want to start feeding egg to my Conure, but I'm unsure on how to prepare it. Do I season it? Mix in with egg shell?

when i feed my fids eggs ill either boil it and give it to them cit in half with the shell on or i scramble it with the crushed shell and some water intead of milk. if u scramble it you can even add a few chopped vegeis to it aswell. my babies orefer the scrable over the boiled. no seasoning

You can add spices if you like, just no salt or sugar! Cinnamon, red pepper, parsley, basil, etc are ok!

Token likes them hard boiled the most...he loves the white. He will eat a little scrambled as well. I have never tried with the shell...but may soon.

Hi you can boil or scramble the eggs if you like. It depends on what your bird prefers. Some only like boiled, and some like them scrambled. If you are going to feed them the shells also, make sure you rinse the egg shells well before you boil or scramble the eggs. It gets any dirt or chemicals on the shells off first. That is what I was told so I do it and my bird (crimson bellied conure) loves the shells and the eggs mixed with some veggies, corn, peas, carrots, and so on. Good luck!

...And if you scramble them, don't use oil if you can help it. The less fat for these birds the better!

All my birds love eggs. I normally make it 'scrambled' (cracked into pan, lightly mix up with fork and flip), but Gilbert also loves the whites of hard boiled eggs. I think my canary would live on peas and eggs alone if i let him!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back