Hi!

kaththom

Oct 30, 2015
My name is Kathryn Thomas, and I live in Albuquerque, NM. I am a new member, but have come here from time to time to try and get an answer to whatever I was worrying about at the time. Usually I worry too much, but I don't seem to be able to stop.
I have 3 parakeets (budgies) and they make my house sound & feel happy. While moving, I was without them for 6 months, and it seemed like I would never get settled enough to bring them home. They have been home for 2 weeks now, so I must be settled.
The oldest of my flock is named "Sugarbird", and I have had her for 9 years. She is largely yellow with some green around the edges. She is a survivor, and very sweet and entertaining. One time I came home to find her out of her cage (yikes) and hiding under a chair with both of my little dogs barking at her.When I got her out of that she had lost 90% of her feathers. Looked horrible. I thought she would die, but I did all the things others told me to do, and sat by her cage a lot. Obviously, she survived, as beautiful as ever. I think this trauma actually made her more gregarious!
She likes other birds very well, but not in HER cage! So their cages are "next door".
The other 2 are "Mr. Gray" & "Steevie" one male, one female and they live together. They are primarily blue, but Mr. Gray is blue-gray and Steevie is bright blue.
I live alone, am a 65 year old widow
, and only have one little dog now, Murphy.
And I love birds, all kinds wild or domestic, every color....all birds.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for any and all information about birds! Would love to see pics of your babies. I love keets and gave one (my grandfid) to my granddaughter for her birthday. One day she will inherit my fids. Can't wait to hear updates/stories of your flock...

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you have your babies home with you again :). I am also a huge fan of budgies. If you have pics and more stories, do share! Good to hear Sugarbird survived the trauma and is beautiful and well again.

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome to you and your sweethearts, Kathryn! I'm happy to hear Sugarbird survived her siege beneath the chair with no lasting trauma. Thanks for the lovely introduction. We have a huge group of budgie lovers, enjoy your stay.

Hello Kathryn and welcome! You must have been as scared as Sugarbird was! So happy to hear she is back to normal after her adventure.
I'd also love to see pictures of your flock!

Most Reactions

Back