Hi from so cal

acco205

Apr 2, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
Mexican Red Headed Amazon
Hi everyone, my name is Mike and I'm new around here.

I was raised around birds and have kept the standard budgies and cockatiels in the past but I'm finally venturing out on my own in the parrot world and boy has it been a roller coaster ride so far.

Id been debating a parrot for over a year now before I finally decided I'd start meeting some and done tons of research, finally decided on a Senegal (i dont have a senegal, but im getting there...).

After a few weeks of searching out and meeting all of the senegals, red bellies and meyers I could find within a reasonable distance I hadn't found one bird that really felt like "the one." Some were overly skittish (red bellies mostly), some were VERY aggressive, but most just exhibited the usual young bird behavior and didnt seem to care one way or the other how you were and nothing really notable.

All of these birds were around a year old, so i figured I'd wait another month or two for babies and take one home then. That was until I met nacho.

Nacho is a Mexican red head amazon, thought to be female and somewhere between 3 and 7 (previous owner had her band removed so no one knows for sure).

It was really by chance that I met her; one of our old family birds was a red head and I was discussing her with another customer, the guy helping me at the shop pulled her out and walked over.

It was an instant hit. she climbed aboard and quickly started whistling and chattering happily in my ear and bending over for head scratches, so, I took her home and for the most part, couldnt be happier. (more on this in a different thread)

so that my story, hope you all enjoyed it and i look forward to meeting you all!

Mike

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new addition! I am sure there are many adventures ahead! :) I would love to see pics of her!

Most Reactions

Back