Hi from Melb, Australia

Eclectus_baby

May 9, 2009
Melb, Australia
Parrots
Eclectus
Hi all,

My name is Baby - I am an 18 month old Eclectus and my mum takes good care of me. I am talking lots and lots, and make my mum laugh when I say bless you after I sneeze. I even talk in different tones too. one day i'll say bless you really quickly other days i'll go blessss yoooooooooooooooooou. I think it's funny. I love fruit and veg - my favourite is red hot chillis. My mum gave me a special treat today - pomegranate. I love it.
I am going through my adolescent teenager period at the moment - so I get a bit randy with mum's hand.. (anyone know how to stop this?) I am a pretty good parrot, I keep myself entertained when mum has to nick out. I sit and talk quitley to myself, othertimes i'll watch my favourite movie Happy Feet. Seriosuly if my mum is in the way of the tellie and blocks my view i have to lean sideways so i can see the movie.. i love it.
My mum hopes to get me a friend - perhaps even a boy. Not sure If she wants me to have babies yet...

I too have my mum wrapped aroudn my finger - when she brings friends over - I wont really talk on demand. But as soon as they leave - i'm all chatty and can talk for hours.... lol

Hi, my name is Cynthia. I have a 12 year old eclectic, her name is also baby. I adopted her when she was 6 weeks old. But I have a problem. Baby has started to hang over her perch, on one foot with her head below her tail. She eats well, still likes to play and seems normal in every other way. But she's even fallen off her perch sleeping this way. Have you ever heard of this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and good luck with your baby.

Hi! The biting thing needs to be nipped in the bud. My 5 1/2 old Galah Banjo sometime has a biting thing. (As you know they tend to feel and test things with their tonges and mouths, my fellow does not know his power yet and you can tell he is not trying to be mean) I just firmly say no and put him back on his perch. You can also give firm pinch the top of her bill and say no. My little guy is very quick to get the pinch in so most time I take the thing he loves the most away....ME. We also have a 10 month old Corella that we hope to eventually mate with him. You might want to research the breed but with my two birds they won't mate until after they are three. If you do get another you may want to seperate them until you get the new one bonded to you first. We plan eventually put ours together, but for now we keep them in their own cages.
Cynthia- I think that it is normal for the bird to sleep with one foot up and head down and tucked. Both of my birds will take a snooze once and awhile like that. Banjo loves to hang over the edge of his cage and nap like that. You may want to see a vet if she keeps falling though.... It may be that she has damage nerves in her foot and that is why she falls. Good luck

Most Reactions

Back