hi everyone!

DinasMom

Apr 30, 2015
Hi, I adopted a re-homed sun conure and I'm looking for advice. He is about 6 years old +/-, at best guess. Im trying to figure out behaviors and how my family can help him. He was very loving at first but now bites everyone, including myself.

:rainbow1:

Hi there, Welcome to the forum!

How long have you had him? Do you know anything about his background?

It could be your conure is feeling defensive in his new environment. Some birds, especially mature adults, need some time to adjust to all the changes. There are some good tips on bonding in the following link.

http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

Good luck with your new companion. We'd love to see photos.

Hi Allee,

not a lot, the elderly man that had him just told us that he could be mean at times. Which, I figured many birds sometimes bite. I must admit i only had little parakeets before so i went into this blind. But thats my fault. I will upload a photo of Henry once I get a chance. We've had him about a year.

I'm sorry, I wrongly assumed you just brought Henry home. In that case, when did the biting start?

If you want to interact more with Henry, I would start with some training exercises. A lot of birds respond well to clicker training. There are lots of different training methods, if you do some research, I think you'll find one that's right for Henry.

Good luck to you.

Most Reactions

Back