Hi everyone

Shellcorn

May 9, 2009
Black River Falls WI.
Parrots
I have one B&G Macaw Rose Bud she is about 20 years old
HI, my name is Shelly I have a B&G macaw that I just got from my mom and dad they have had Rose Bud for about 10 years shes about 20 now and until about 5 years ago we thought that Rose Bud was a male ( her name was just Bud then) when she started laying eggs there was a name change in order. My mother and father didnt really get a chance to spend much time with her so she is a little aggresive since I have taken Rose Bud she has really come out of her shell she talks more and loves to have her head petted shes a great bird and I love her to death :blue1:

Congrats! Glad to hear you broke her out of her shell! Good Luck with her! A lot of people dont realize just how much attention these animals do need! =)

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to teaching her new things.
I know it's hard to teach an old dog a new trick I wonder does that go for birds too LOL

First, establish trust; then, patience and repetition are what's needed to train new behaviors to any species, of any age. Works for humans, works for dogs -- and it works for birds.

I acquired a 4th hand 56 year old amazon parrot. I spent months gaining her trust. You've already got that part behind you.

Check out GoodBirdInc www.goodbirdinc.com also GoodBirdGroup : Good Bird Group and ParrotBAS ParrotBAS : ParrotBAS for tips from peer recognized trainer, Barbara Heidenreich, and behaviorist, Dr. Susan Friedman.

Kind regards,

Kathy Heaton
Houston TX
Join AFA today! http://afabirds.org

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back