Hi and boy are eclectus' smart or what

7birdbilly

Jan 11, 2013
Hi , Im new . Have 7 birds including a 'clectus. His intelligence amazes me sometimes. Tonight he followed me into the kitchen as he usually does, lookin for a hand-out. I had some Ritz crackers which he likes, on the counter. I took one and smeared a little peanut butter on it, just a thin layer, then handed it to him PB side facing away. He footed it then started to chip away and noticed the peanut butter. He then amazed me by beakin it then grabbing so that the PB was facing him. If he had a thumb I'd be scared he'd take over.

Anyway thought Id share and say Hi.

My parent's blue crown conure knows how to do different sounds when asked. One evening my dad kept asking him to make chicken sounds, but he kept making every other sound but the chicken. Finally after several, "that's not a chicken, Sweet Pea, that's a _______!" Be a chicken!" Sweet Pea replied, "I don't wanna be a chicken!"

We never taught him that lol.

My parent's blue crown conure knows how to do different sounds when asked. One evening my dad kept asking him to make chicken sounds, but he kept making every other sound but the chicken. Finally after several, "that's not a chicken, Sweet Pea, that's a _______!" Be a chicken!" Sweet Pea replied, "I don't wanna be a chicken!"

We never taught him that lol.

Now thats a smart bird

If my daughter starts crying or Salty starts screaming Greenie says Stop! Knock it off. Or if you knock he says come in. He's so funny

Welcome to the forum. What other kinds of birds do you have:)

I have 2 tiels, 2 jendays, a sun , a Blue and gold, and cranky Eclectus. One tiel is a rescue , his name is Grumps (tells u his disposition) I hand weened all but the rescue and the eclectus.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back