Help! Is this ok?

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Two Cockatiels, A Timneh African Grey
So today I was putting food for my TAG, Leo. He has a habit of biting me sometimes, so I open a part of the cage to take the food out and replace it. Leo stuck his head out from the part I opened and he bit me. So I closed it on his neck from pain by accident he started SCREAMING HORRIBLY.
His neck got squeezed, is this ok? Will this affect him? Will he become tamed less? Does this injur him horribly I need to take him for a vet? Will he become less playful or something like that? He still eats from my hand though.
Basically is it ok? Will this affect him or will things move on and everything will be completely normal?
Please help :(

He might be ok but it wouldn't hurt to have him checked by a vet if your really worried....He will be cautious around the feed door for awhile! But they do get over it eventually!

Lately I realized he is somewhat hesitating to come to me, i.e. Coming to me slower, is this ok?

He'll get over it! It just scared him a bit, he probably would be cautious for quite sometime so you just need to reassure him that everything is ok.

Ok, the scream though... It's horrible and heart breaking:( same applies to how his face looked like when the neck was getting squeezed.
He is alright right now, he does what he usually does, I tried to pet him and he let me, although when I used to feed him by hand he used to take it calmly, but now he LUNGES to take the treats.

Update: ok, now he isn't taking any treats from my hand, and usually when he sees me he comes to me as fast as he could, but now instead of fast slow, and I noticed him shivering a few times.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back