Help!! Conure on my birdfeeder...I know nothing about birds!

misswallen

Feb 12, 2013
So I woke up this morning and this little green and black conure was on my birdfeeder outside. He hung around all day eating the seed, and I put a bowl of water out for him. It is now 11 pm and its pretty chilly in Texas. He is huddled in the corner of my patio and I feel terrible. Im assuming he was someones pet at some point, because he is not too scared. I have a cat and there is no way I can bring him inside. I dont want him to freeze to death :-( what do I do?? I know nothing about them. Someone please help, he is making me cry with his shivers.

I would pick him up and put him in a room where you can close the door away from the cat, until morning when it's warm outside.

Well, you have a few options. One, get him to come in. Place him in a separate room in a box or maybe you have a pet carrier for your cats? Two, look for a local pet/bird rescue. Call them and ask what they would like to do. Three, find a 24 hr animal hospital and seek their help.

It would be good to know what kind of bird it is for sure. Depending where you live, if it's a wild bird, the rescue will probably want you to put him back outside.....

If it is a conure I doubt it is wild and it probably is someones lost pet. I would pick it up and bring it in the house. Give it some water in a little dish once it is settled down,. and don,t let it back outside. could you find a way to keep it for a few days while you try to locate it's owner

If it is a conure I doubt it is wild and it probably is someones lost pet. I would pick it up and bring it in the house. Give it some water in a little dish once it is settled down,. and don,t let it back outside

misswallen said she knows nothing about birds. A lot of people mistake fledgings for lost pets. A picture of the bird would help determine if it is indeed a lost pet or a wild bird which would then belong outside.

She knows enough to identify it as a conure green and black. Afew days in the house where it is warm and safe is better than putting it back outside. In the meantime she could take it to a petstore to see what it is or have animal control or local bird rescue come take a look to identify it. look it up on the internet or post pics here for help.to ID it. and how to care for it in the meantime. Also as much as I also love cats I would not put a bird back out with an outside cat. that she said she can't bring in. Craigslist has a lost and found section as well as check the local papers call local petstores and local vets to see if anybody has lost that type of bird If it is someones lost pet it probably hasn't flown too far. ask neighbors and or local kids they might know:)

I hope it worked out and that she posts an update as well:)

How did it go with the little conure?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back