Hello

Kakapos

Apr 29, 2015
Alabama (sadly)
Parrots
Scout- Cockatiel
Sawyer- Cockatiel
both 5 years old
Hello, I have come to this website a lot looking for advice without ever making an account so I finally decided to...

tumblr_njzot49IIX1rge8uto4_1280.jpg

(scout looks terrified, this was a time I had got them to come out of the cage)

I have two male cockatiels, Scout (on right) and Sawyer (on left). I purchased them from a woman who had them in terrible conditions. When they first came to me they were horrified, they have since opened up more, but are not all the way there yet.

I was told they're both 4 years old, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, hello everyone! :yellow1:

Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you decided to join us:)
Scout and Sawyer are gorgeous!

Thank you terry, they are very special to me, and I love them with all my heart...
I want to give them a better life and I will hopefully be consulting this forum for any advice I need.

thank you again

Hello and Welcome! Scout and Sawyer are darling, Congratulations! Looking forward to future updates.

Hi and welcome also. They are adorable and love their names. This is such a great forum!

Welcome!!! You have two beautiful babies. Tell us more about them like how are they adjusting? Are they chatty, have they come out to visit with you like on your hand, shoulder, etc?

Thank you everyone. :)

also @ Taw5106 I found them posted in a newspaper for sale. So I went to go look at them and I was so mad about how the lady kept them.. She had them covered all day pretty much and in the dark because she didn't want to hear them. Had them both in a small cage meant for a budgie... And only had one perch/no toys. Dirty water, barely any food (also the food they did have was hartz)...

So I HAD to take them, I love cockatiels and I knew I could give them a much better life at least.
I have since got them a 5ft x about 4ft cage with a lot of toys/perches! (also I converted them to pellets...)

When I first got them they were very scared, And would cling to the back of the cage. After maybe 2 weeks I began trying to train step up. Sawyer caught on very fast and he hops up immediately (he still doesn't like to be touched really. I can stroke his tummy lightly but other than that he gets aggravated.) Scout will sometimes step up, but he usually doesn't want to..

ANYWAY, they have both come a long way from where they were. They sing all day, play with their toys, and they are bigggg eaters haha.

I've gotten them to come out a few times, but they really do not like it... I'm slowly working towards that next though...

tumblr_njzot49IIX1rge8uto2_1280.jpg

Scout and Sawyer are adorable! I know they appreciate everything you are doing for them. Their story melts my heart, thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you joined us.

Thank you it means so much to me because I feel like sometimes I'm not making progress with them but when I look back on when they first came into my life.. things have changed so much
thank you <3

Most Reactions

Back