damanta

Jun 28, 2012
Ma
Parrots
Princess- 12 yo blue & gold macaw
Peewee 22 yo yellow naped Amazon
Pepper 7 yo double yellow head Amazon
Percy 9 month old budgie
Hello all! I've been lurking for awhile but decided to join the forum so I can share my feathered family members. I grew up with my parrots. Currently I have 4 birds: Peewee the Yellow Naped Amazon, Princess the blue and gold macaw, Pepper the Double Yellow Headed Amazon and Percy the budgie. Peewee is currently our oldest, but we did have one before her, a Blue Fronted Amazon also named Pepper. The first Pepper died when she jumped off my dad when scared and broke her neck. She died in my hands, and I still feel guilty for scaring her.
Peewer is 22 years old and does not get along with me. My parents got her when I was a year old and she was very jealous of me...she still bites me whenever she gets a chance. She is very bonded to my mom.
Princess is 12 and was a rescued. She spent her first 2 years with a man that beat her and fed her candy and pork scraps and generally took horrible care of her. We took her from him and although it took a long time, she is now very bonded to me and my father. I'm currently target training her.
Pepper is 7 years old and was purchased from our local bird store about a year after the original Pepper died. The owner of the store told us about an Amazon that had been returned twice and told us he really wanted the third home to be forever, and he ended up coming home with us. Peewee was so excited when she heard him that she started yelling Pepper, and was so insistant that the name stuck. Pepper is pretty mellow although he does have his normal Amazon moments.
Percy is a 9 month old budgie who picked me. He landed on my hand at work every day and eventually I gave in and took him home. He is the friendliest parent raised budgie I'be ever met.
Sorry for the novel! :D

welcome! your birds sound like allot of fun, your going to love it here! :)

What a nice story..Your bird family is lucky having you. Welcome to this forum. And please upload pic..

Welcome to the forum!!! A friendly parent raised Budgie is very rare! But it can be done of course with lots of handling while they're young. We all have that one bird or two that we can not get along with....lol.....My adopted/rescued U2 have lots of issues I'm still dealing with. Now my hands and arms is finally healing up again....

Welcome to the forum! You've got quite a flock there!

Most Reactions

Back