Hello. New Red Front Macaw owner.

raym9999

Jan 30, 2014
League City TX
Parrots
Radio Front Macaw
Hello everyone. My name is Ray. I am new nd got my first macaw yesterday. She is a 6 month old Red Front Macaw named Ruby. She doesn't yet trust me but I know that makes time. I look forward to getting to know my fellow Avian owners and learning from the more experienced people. I will post pics one I figure out how to on my phone. Lol.

Hello Ray, welcome to the form. I also have a RFM named Valentino. He came from Wendy Craig in Texas at almost 4 months old. I really enjoy Valentino. He has some habits that I am not fond of but in the end I really love my companion. He started talking at 5 months of age and has not stopped. He learns new phrases and words pretty quickly and is a master mechanic. He can figure out African grey brain foraging toys way too quickly. It is a challenge to supply him with toys that entertain him and make him think.

Valentino first day home right out of his crate. It took him a few days to adjust to his cage because he would not roost I had him sleep in his crate the first 4 mights. He seemed to adjust to us pretty quickly. More quickly than adjusting to his cage.
Valentinoathome.jpg

Here is my favorite pic of Valentino
100_2398_zps23d32e4e.jpg

Would love to know more about Ruby. Valentino will be two years in August. I don't regret getting my RFM. There are days he can be a real challenge but I would never part with him now.

Welcome to the forum!!! Congrats on your new baby!!!! ;)

Most Reactions

Back