Hello from Montreal

coolit

Dec 20, 2013
Hey everyone, I thought I might as well introduce myself.

Name is Daniel, I am a 30 year old and somewhat new to pet ownership.

I got my first conure named Pita a little while ago after successfully rescuing and releasing a wild baby American Robin.

As I knew my ex would take great care of him, we agreed that she should take him.

As I missed him a bit, I searched on kijiji for a conure and found one for a good price.

I wish I could say this was a good experience, but it really wasn't.
It's really fresh so I apologize in advance if my post might also have a bit of ranting in it. But I guess I would like to share my experience.

I found an add for a 6 months old conure, with cage and toys.
The add was for 140$, which sounds like an amazing price.

I exchanged a few emails with the owner, only after I confirmed that I want it, she tells me the price is 240 and she forgot to edit it. (even if her add is over 1 month old and viewed by 130 people)

So I offered 200.

She came over to bring me the bird, and she also neglected to tell me the bird had a deformed, overgrown lower beak.

I still took the bird as she said if I didn't take it, he would go in a rescue shelter.

She forgot to bring the food bowls for the cage, said we can meet up the next day for them. But, she couldn't keep her word. Communication has just always been terrible.

I guess I should have let it go, but after finding the right bowls, I texted her and called her a dishonest **** .... and listed why I didn't appreciate the transaction. I agree, I really should have let it go but I let my emotions get the better of me... I really hate dishonest people.

She followed up by bombarding me with threats about coming over, beating the **** out of me, hoping I have medical insurance...

Literally a barrage of Low class threats and insults.

O well, live and learn.

All I know is I will do all I can to give this poor bird a damn good life.

Here are my other threads
http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/39161-i-am-thinking-getting-another-conure-please-advise.html
Pictures of the American Robin and my old bird.

http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/39404-i-finally-got-my-new-gcc-need-help-pics.html
Pictures of the new bird.

All the best to all of you.

-Dan

Last edited:
holy crow Dan....some people are just wacked, lol.

I'm sure it was not the experience you were looking for, my heart goes out to you.

Typically deformed beaks come from inbreeding, but I hope that is not the case here.

there are plenty of conure owners on here, including myself, so ask away if you need any help with your new addition :)

It is so hard to keep your temper when people act like that! I can't believe she threatened you! So happy that you got that bird away from her, it's hard to tell what kind of treatment he was receiving at her hands. So have you named him yet?

you might want to take him to the vet and get a physical, blood work, etc...

at least that way you'll know what your dealing with, I love GC, they are so pretty!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back