Hello Everyone

JKF8

Dec 15, 2012
Florida
Good afternoon,

A little bit about myself :

I often enjoy reading Parrot Forums when I have time, unfortunately these days I don't have all that much free time.

I also like to offer assistance when I can with info. and experience gained from 25 years of parrot keeping experience.

I keep many different species of parrots and birds. I do not clip any of my birds and I prefer to keep them with playmates (one or more), especially of their own species if possible.

I usually provide nest-boxes in my flights/aviaries/cages so they can play in them, sleep in them if they so choose, nest in them if they like and even tear them up if that makes them happy. The Senegals especially enjoy the latter activity as do many of the Cockatoos. :)

Periodically I am blessed with nestlings of different species, even though I do not set out to intentionally breed and I do not breed for net profit. When I do happen to get nestlings, I try my best to place them in great safe homes (for a fair price) where they can be a bird as much as possible, as Nature intended. I never split up male and female birds that have bonded with each other just because they don't produce babies. So I really do not like being labeled a breeder, even though all breeders are not "bad" in my opinion.

Well that's it for now. Will be reading and participating when I can.

Hey JKF8, welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum. What types of birds and parrots do you keep?:)

Hi,

I keep African Greys, various Cockatoo species, Amazons, Caiques, Ekkies, Pois, Pionus, Conures, P'lets, Linnies, Tiels ...

At one time or another in the last 25 years I also kept many other species of parrots/birds.

Happy News : I just discovered a couple days ago that I have 2 little, cute as heck, new additions to the flock = 2 baby Cockatoos a few days old. I will post pics of them soon and possibly list their possible availability in the classified section.

Hello and welcome to the forum. What types of birds and parrots do you keep?:)

Congrats on your two new babies. What kind of pois do you breed?:) Also what part of Fla are you in ?north.west,south,east or central:). Your house sounds like fun with all those birds Looking forward to pictures, PLEASE:)

Thanks. :)

I have Sennies, Meyers, Jardines and one male Brown-Head. Used to have Red Bellies until recently.

I don't really set out to "breed" them per se, just house some together and if they want to do what Nature allows them to do, I don't try and stop that = not healthy in my opinion for their mental or physical welfare.

Southern part (below Lake O........).

I don't keep many birds in my home at any one time, just bring them in to interact with me if they want that. Some do, some don't. :)

Will post those pics soon.

Congrats on your two new babies. What kind of pois do you breed?:) Also what part of Fla are you in ?north.west,south,east or central:). Your house sounds like fun with all those birds Looking forward to pictures, PLEASE:)

I have to admit my female red bellied Tiki is my favorite parrot she has the nicest disposition. She is super sweet and very easy to live with, and she is a little clown.:)

How Lucky , you live very near one of the largest big(new world) parrot breeders in the US, Howard Voren, he's just west of WestPalm.

Most Reactions

Back