Heated Perch - Would You Recommend One Or Not ?

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
I've stumbled across 'heated perches'!
They seem like a nice idea...
I'm considering getting one!

Are these something any of you guys currently use or have tried?
Please let me know your experiences with this product and what your feathered friend(s) thought of them!

Thanks

Been using one for Willow for almost a year now, pad too, she definately loves them. I figured it was a good idea since my bedroom is cold year round, and the rest of the house can be quite cold in winter. Just need to keep an eye on the wires. whenever the bird is out. Willow has yet to mess with them....but it's a constant worry for me.

Do you leave them on day and night, or just periodically?

Well, if they have Willows approval, I think I'll give 'em a go! :)
Thanks for replying to my query

Ask about failure mode! High temperature shut-down!

And as stated, keep a very close eye on the electrical cord!

There is also a box type heater. I'll try to explain it. This is not a perch but something about the size of 3x4 inches, a box that attaches to the inside of the cage. The bird I suppose can cuddle next to it.
I bought it for our sparrow. When I turned it on it felt too hot and I tossed it.
I bought the small, and yet this thing would have been big even for a love bird.

We had a small heater to keep his upstairs bedroom( his cage was huge and part separated as a bed).
So we ended up letting him have the far corner of a small heating pad . Thing is

Being a sparrow there's little worry about chewing.
I was thinking about the heated perch for our Eclectus .
Be interesting to see what people are using.

The little space heater we have is very small and the kind many people use in office under a desk.
Very low wt and now I forget what it is. I like them also because the heater is quite small and can be placed up higher if needed. I know Amazon has a few.

I'm thinking about getting one for Sydney sometime soon. Since he's been a little ill and is already older and arthritic, I'm sure he'll take to it well. He always has loved sitting on my bed when the electric blanket is on, and will cuddle up and go to sleep!

I've been looking around online, and it would seem that the perch style ones only come with American 2 pin plugs and not UK 3 pin (I'm in England). I don't like the idea of using an adapter. Im wondering if I could get someone to change the plug type if I bought one...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back