Having a meet & greet tomorrow!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
My husband and I have an appointment tomorrow to see 6 CAG babies. They haven't been weaned yet, but if we have a love connection with any of them, I'm going to be placing a deposit on one of them!!! They'll be ready around the first week in October!

After reading and hearing from everyone on this board about how important it is for a CAG's mental development and sense of confidence not to clip their wings, I've decided to keep this baby flighted. Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions as to ways that I can enclose my dining room area. If all goes well, I plan to let all my fids' flight feathers grow out. There will be zons, greys, duskies and GCC's flying everywhere very soon!

Can't wait to meet him/her!:grey:

I picked out my baby today!!! It's a boy, hatchdate 7/23/13. He'll be weaned around the first of October!

He had some drop dead gorgeous Macaws and even Mag Pies. Very personal breeder who has spent his entire life working around birds at the San Diego Zoo and as a breeder. He ships, too, so if anyone is interested in a Macaw or CAG, he has 4 Macaw babies and 6 CAGs left right now.

Can't wait to bring my baby boy home! Now I have to figure out a name. Hoping to come up with a male African name.

Can you share who he is, I am in San Diego too. I think that's allowed here.

Congrats on your new addition.

Last edited:
Thanks! It was a difficult choice, as they were all beautiful! We were able to see the parents and his slightly older siblings who he's training for their new owners.

SoCalWendy, his website is Rainforest Aviaries He's located near Balboa Park. We're thrilled that we found him! A very personable guy who loves talking about anything related to birds. He told us we can stop by any time to see our new baby before he's ready to come home with us.

WOW!!! Yayyyyyyy!!!!! Congrats on your new baby :D :D :D will we get to see any pictures before he comes home? or do we all have to wait till October?? Have you thought of any names?

Thanks! It was a difficult choice, as they were all beautiful! We were able to see the parents and his slightly older siblings who he's training for their new owners.

SoCalWendy, his website is Rainforest Aviaries He's located near Balboa Park. We're thrilled that we found him! A very personable guy who loves talking about anything related to birds. He told us we can stop by any time to see our new baby before he's ready to come home with us.

Cool! Thank you so much. I am very happy for you.

Oh what great and exciting news!!! I have no doubt you'll be visiting with your new baby boy frequently, and by the time he comes home he will know you well. :)

Most Reactions

Back