Hang it I dare you

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I have had the worse time these past few weeks with BB and his obsession with tearing down every toy inside his cage and laughing like crazy when it hits the bottom. Of course he saves the wood blocks for when I am cleaning the bottom . I had been using D links. He worked those out to fast. Swapped to Heavy Tie Wraps. Those worked for awhile now they are just another thing to snap as fast as he can.

Saturday we hung everything with Stainless steel Hose clamps. While it is a little frustrating for him right now Its really nice not to hang things up every few hours. LOL

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Brand-Micro-Miniature-Stainless/dp/B007Q4YDOC/ref=sr_1_6/192-3797327-9802448?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1444653712&sr=1-6"]Precision Brand M-S Series Micro Seal, Miniature All Stainless Worm Gear Hose Clamp: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

Wendy..I have a bunch of those and Amy still finds away to undue them!

Jim

What??? Try using 2 pairs of pliers to fasten them properly. Amy 'shouldn't' be able to get them undone them. 'Shouldn't' being the key word here. :32: Holy smokes, Jim, Amy must have one heck of a can opener attached to her face if she can get those undone if fastened properly. :11: Even my Ripley can't get them if I used the pliers, and he's a GW.

My little goffin unscrews those with ease. I have gone as far as to use a little thread locking compound and really wrench down on them. Next day they are not just opened but disassembled.

Oh come on Mom, this is a fun game! I use furniture clamps on some toys for Venus. They are too big for her to get a grip on and I use them outside the cage only. She's got the brain of an engineer I swear.

Most Reactions

Back