Got my bird today!

EclectusRoratus

Jan 11, 2013
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus <3
Hello everyone!!! I just got my Eclectus today! He is 5 years old and so far he is doing well. I know patience is the key right now, i'm such an impatient person though! haha. He has eaten everything I have given him and makes this awesome WOOO! sound when he see's someone new. I have not yet tried to get him to step up, but I want him to feel safe around me before I do so. I'm new to all of this so if you have any comments or suggestions I am an open ear, or shall I say open eyes. hahaha. Thanks for reading!!! <3:green2:

Congratulations on your new friend. Eclectus is a great pet. If he wasn't handled alot he may not be too pettable (i know its not a word). The big thing with male eclectus is dominance. They can be very stubborn but that's cause their smart.

A lot of people say to let them get acclimated, but I have never prescribed to that. While his environment is strange to him is a good time to interact as it will allow him to look to you for support. The only time mine was able to be petted was when I brought him home.

Which kind is he, Im sure thats ur user name but I never learned the formal subspecies.

sounds like you are doing a great job! id let him settle in for a couple day just talking to him and then let him play outside the cage and start teaching him to step up good luck with your new buddy!

Welcome and congrats on your new baby.:)

Hello everyone!!! I just got my Eclectus today! He is 5 years old and so far he is doing well. I know patience is the key right now, i'm such an impatient person though! haha. He has eaten everything I have given him and makes this awesome WOOO! sound when he see's someone new. I have not yet tried to get him to step up, but I want him to feel safe around me before I do so. I'm new to all of this so if you have any comments or suggestions I am an open ear, or shall I say open eyes. hahaha. Thanks for reading!!! <3:green2:
Congratulations!!! How exciting for you. My baby Oliver comes home Monday, he's almost four months old. Charlie (The bird whisperer to me!) told me to let Oliver settle in for a few days before training and handling.

I look forward to hearing more about your new feather child...

Lisa

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back