good aviary??

i would think that as long as its safe metal, you can put a secure top on, and the spaces arent to big, it would be okay. i am trying to find cooper an aviary, but they are so expensive! i cant even buy like a dog kennel either because the spaces will be to big. anyone know of a good aviary for only a few hundred dollars? (if one exists...)

i would think that as long as its safe metal, you can put a secure top on, and the spaces arent to big, it would be okay. i am trying to find cooper an aviary, but they are so expensive! i cant even buy like a dog kennel either because the spaces will be to big. anyone know of a good aviary for only a few hundred dollars? (if one exists...)

Galvanized metal on most inexpensive dog kennels are toxic to parrots.

Galvanized metal on most inexpensive dog kennels are toxic to parrots.

that's why i said "as long as it is safe metal", because i didn't want to give a yes or no without knowing. and if you meant as in me buying one for Cooper, i would always check before i got it :)

A lot of people use galvanized wire to make aviary's, but I would never do so. A bird may go years without getting sick, then one day decide to chew on the bars some and become poisoned.

It would be better to buy zoo grade SS mesh, and make your own aviary.

You can get a quote from this company for various zoo grade mesh, the best for a bird would be their stainless steal rope mesh, or the PVC coated wire mesh.

Robust Zoo Mesh supplying welded mesh, chain link fence for the zoo

This is would be great for DIY aviaries. Is the mesh easy to buy for DIYers/good demand for this? I wonder if it would be worth it to create a DIY section with different products that could be sold to people that want to create their own aviaries?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back