frying pan help

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
hello we have 2 conures at home and looking to buy the red copper frying pan can any one chime in and let us know if this is completly safe for our birds if not can a couple choices be reccomended, thanks so much

I'm sure there's a more moderate approach, but...

In our house, there's cast iron, aluminum, and copper... that's it.

Good for you for checking this out!

You can add Stainless Steel to that list.

FYI: If you're looking at "As Seen On TV" - Stay far away!

You're right, Mr. Boat. My ol' man just joined you in correcting me. He's the cook in our family, you see.
With the basics, there's no worrying.
I don't even let him use PAM and such sprays... is that too paranoid?

You can add Stainless Steel to that list.

FYI: If you're looking at "As Seen On TV" - Stay far away!
yes this is the pan as seen on tv so i should stay away from this

Take your Credit Card far far away from the TV!!!

The short story; for the price they are selling it at, the needed thickness to the sub-structure is under sizes (thin) to properly support the coating, which is also thin. Read the Money Back Offer really closely - Oh, yaaa, they always forget to provided that piece of information.

Also, their goal is to get you on the phone and for just a couple more dollars you can buy, etc, etc, etc... The full cabinet later and your Credit Card is bent and you have a cabinet filled with so - so stuff that you're still paying for along after it starts failing.

thank you so much for the help sailboat greatly apreciate it

You're right, Mr. Boat. My ol' man just joined you in correcting me. He's the cook in our family, you see.

I do not like PAM. Its more an issue of after taste than the stuff itself. In the past it was the 'gas' that drove the 'stuff' out of the can that was the concern with 'Spray Stuff' Today, the driver (Gas) is non-toxic. Those items of concern are the fine mists. They carry and stay in the air for extended time - think 'a Freshers.' If it is a fine mist and stays airborne for any length of time - that stuff is very worth being Paranoid About!

Only stainless steel used in our house. Season with salt and your good to go, nothing sticks.

I do not like PAM. Its more an issue of after taste than the stuff itself. In the past it was the 'gas' that drove the 'stuff' out of the can that was the concern with 'Spray Stuff' Today, the driver (Gas) is non-toxic. Those items of concern are the fine mists. They carry and stay in the air for extended time - think 'a Freshers.' If it is a fine mist and stays airborne for any length of time - that stuff is very worth being Paranoid About!

Well, there we go. I don't mind at all. Imagine if the bird croaked after i cooked a perfectly non-stick souffle. No thank you.

Sailboat gives good advice. Those pans work for about five minutes, then the nonstick coating gets compromised and things stick. Well seasoned cast iron is as non stick as all get out. If the budget allows for multi ply stainless steel, All-Clad is great and Tramontina is good. But if you spend your cash on bird toys, do like me and prowl thrift stores and estate sales. I've found some of the best pans ever at an estate sale for $2 each.

Pam spray leaves something that polymerizes and gunks up pans.

I don't remember when was the last time I used frying pan! I bought an air fryer and cook everything there! Kids love it! I bought oil free, so food is healthy! Amazing! I can recommend it to everyone. Hope, I helped some of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember when was the last time I used frying pan! I bought an air fryer and cook everything there! Kids love it! I bought oil free, so food is healthy! Amazing! I can recommend it to everyone. By the way, I bought it there - https://bestairfryer.reviews/as-seen-on-tv/ Hope, I helped some of you!

I used an air fryer before, they are nice and healthier than typical fryers but I would stick far away from using an Air fryer, they mostly contain Teflon (I'm sure there's some which aren't but no idea) it's always good to check any product to see if it contains PTFE or PFOA. If it doesn't say on the box it's 100% free of the materials, if it doesn't say it on the box call the manufacturers to see if they the people working there know, if they aren't 100% sure then just walk away. When it comes to cookware I say it's better to spend more and get a good product than get a bargain that breaks within a year

Last edited:
I've read up on this topic a while ago, as I'm moving out soon and need to know what kind of pans to buy. Cast iron is great as long as you take care of it, like others said. The problem with cast iron though is if you have a ceramic top oven it can scratch it a lot. Just something to think about. If you don't have ceramic and have the old style stove, it wouldn't be an issue.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back