First parrot

Markmark.123

Aug 3, 2014
Northeast uk
Parrots
Pineapple conure
This is my first parrot he is called Trevor and is a 11 week old pineapple conure

742CEF68-0DE9-432B-9A53-3CB2B54F171D.jpg

E7262295-3838-4E67-9E1E-EABE340CA18A_1.jpg

02F7908E-54E3-4FFF-B308-75B0CDBBC64F.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new bird Trevor, he sure is a cutie:D

I just wanted to bring up we have that exact cage. I *strongly* suggest you not open the top up without running a stabilizing bar across to prop it open. Those top panels could fall and injure or kill Trevor! You can use a thick wood dowel or do as we did (after Kiwi chewed several dowels), cut down a thick plastic broomstick handle. Just want to see your new baby stay safe!

How we prop open our cage:
DSC_4123_zpsf65ae776.jpg

Mine is a little different to that the top is realy stiff to open but I still want a support bar for it
I will probably make a play stand for the top to be honest cheers for the advice

What a cutie he is! Now time to spoil him with lots of toys! Seriously I can't go to the store without getting Ducati a new toy and/or perch. My husband made the comment that his cage now looks like a fiesta with all the different shredder toys.

A play gym on top would probably be an excellent idea:) Conures are very active birds and he would probably enjoy having a fun play are up there:) Ours just like to sit up high and examine his kingdom (or nap) lol. I like your wallpaper (?is that what it is? the black with flowers on the wall) BTW

Congrats on your first birdie! This forum is a great place to be for questions you'll have upcoming, and many other Green Cheek owners to make you feel at home as well!

We have been teaching him to dance today
[ame=http://youtu.be/2aL1v8SIs7w]Trev the pineapple conure learning to dance - YouTube[/ame]

Congrats & welcome! Trevor is adorable!

Pineapple and turquoise are my favs. Beautiful conure welcome to the guild of conure owners lol. Nice job teaching him to dance so fast , impressive! You're very lucky he's food motivated cuts training time by half.

Most Reactions

Back