Finally a pic of largo for you all

Kjarva

Jul 27, 2012
Parrots
Largo - 3 month old Green Cheek Conure
My little wild child has proven that deep down he's just a pig and will do anything for apples, cherries, bananas, or rice. For some reason he seems to hate vegetables except rocket salad. I guess I'll need to branch out myself veg wise to find other stuff he likes. Don't want to give him a tummyache eating only citrus fruits!

427493_387906414609322_2077025721_n.jpg

He is adorable :) Just keep offering the Veg... eventually he will start to eat it!
It took Months before Codie would eat any veg at all. Now she likes it all :)

adorable! you can try offering veggies cooked, sliced, cooked and frozen, chopped, on a wooden kabob, mashed etc. just keep trying, I'm sure he'll eat them eventually

Adorable!!!! He's doing so well!

Try corn cut off the cob, that's Scooter's favorite! Then lead in to other veggies.

Thanks Antoinette! I think his pellets might be a little hard for him, so when he wakes up tomorrow I will put a little water in the dish to soften them to see how that goes :)

Thanks Antoinette! I think his pellets might be a little hard for him, so when he wakes up tomorrow I will put a little water in the dish to soften them to see how that goes :)

I was reading through the link right now, some awesome info there.
Glad you found it useful.

Banane21.gif

That's a good link, very pragmatic.

For veggies, my Kiyomi likes peas, corn and broccoli pretty well ... but her favorites are cooked lima beans and kidney beans. She also eats sweet potato when I have it, but that took four days of putting it in the cage and her shaking her head at it before she would eat it. She did the same with peaches and now those are one of her favorite fruits. She still is iffy on strawberries. sometimes she wants them and sometimes she throws them. It seems to depend on her mood (and if there is something better around, like apples).

Well He liked corn on the cob and I ended up giving him half of mine the other night. I think he might have sickened himself of it lol :)

Ant thank you for the link. good info for us new green cheek owners:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back