Ferti vit/ ornitovit

Violetparrots2

Jun 10, 2024
Parrots
Ringneck
Hi guys,

I have Indian ringnecks that are going in/out of their nest.

Can someone guide me on how to use these two products and whether it’s required.

Is it daily use? I am planning to use it with food.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.png
    IMG_1893.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi! I will say that I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but I always check with my vet for multivitamins before feeding. Not sure what your birds eat, but if any part of their diet is pellets (which are fortified with vitamins/minerals), then it's possible to actually overdose some vitamins or minerals. For that reason, I don't feed any multivitamins at all, and the only supplement I provide is calcium, either with cuttlebone or other calcium blocks.

I'm not saying multivitamins are dangerous necessarily, but my vet has basically told me that there's almost no benefit to feeding them, and there is technically a risk because of overdosing. Just not worth it.

Since you mentioned they're nesting though, maybe those are egg laying vitamins specifically? If so, they're probably worth using, since eggs take so much energy and nutrients to produce so giving your bird a bit of a boost is probably a good idea. As for how quality that brand is or how often to feed or how much to feed, I don't know, I wonder if there's a vet in your area that you can call?

Sorry my advice is so generic, it's mostly because I can't read the box, hopefully some of this info was helpful

Hi! I will say that I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but I always check with my vet for multivitamins before feeding. Not sure what your birds eat, but if any part of their diet is pellets (which are fortified with vitamins/minerals), then it's possible to actually overdose some vitamins or minerals. For that reason, I don't feed any multivitamins at all, and the only supplement I provide is calcium, either with cuttlebone or other calcium blocks.

I'm not saying multivitamins are dangerous necessarily, but my vet has basically told me that there's almost no benefit to feeding them, and there is technically a risk because of overdosing. Just not worth it.

Since you mentioned they're nesting though, maybe those are egg laying vitamins specifically? If so, they're probably worth using, since eggs take so much energy and nutrients to produce so giving your bird a bit of a boost is probably a good idea. As for how quality that brand is or how often to feed or how much to feed, I don't know, I wonder if there's a vet in your area that you can call?

Sorry my advice is so generic, it's mostly because I can't read the box, hopefully some of this info was helpful
No worries at all, thank you for being helpful!

Hi guys,

I have Indian ringnecks that are going in/out of their nest.

Can someone guide me on how to use these two products and whether it’s required.

Is it daily use? I am planning to use it with food.
I cared for a non breeding pair of Indian ring necks for about 2 years, for a friend. The only advice my vet gave is try to keep balanced feed and don’t give any supplements unless they breed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back