Feathers All Over

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I went to turn the air purifier up before heading to work this morning. It looked like one of the birds exploded. I actually checked the cockatiel cage and they just gave me the what look:20:

Obviously it's molting time around here for everyone!

Last edited:
Yes same here, I just spent an hour sweeping and vacuuming and scrubbing the floor. Oy Tomorrow I clean the cage! I feel your pain! :D

Then it's back so soon again after you clean... That's one of my reality checks for MBS!

This looks like the corner behind Sydney's cage, I swear he does it on purpose!

Oh I hope it's my cockatiel's molting time! Maybe Gingers neck feathers will come back in! I see several tailfeathers trying to come in!

It's porcupine time at my house also, the Quakers and the parakeets are blowing all their feathers, and Willie the YNA has already lost a couple of his 'beauties' plus a lot of fluff. I'm feeling some budding pin feathers on his head.

Yep everyone is molting around here. Monkey has pretty much a whole new set of tail feathers coming in I counted around 5 or 6. Monster has new pins on the chest. Loki the fake sun conure has some yellow coming in on her back. The cockatiels exploded and grumble and complain. Kelly has a random spot on the back of his head that looks like some one yanked feathers out. And well Folger has lots of wing feathers laying around. Luckily no one is too irritable about it!

You get used to figuring out when it's molting time. The first couple times you always worry but as the years go by you figure out when it's just dropped feathers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back