Favourite Poicephalus (Long-Winged) parrots?

What is your favourite Poicephalus parrot?

• Ruppel's Parrot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Niam-Niam Parrot

• Meyer's Parrot

• Brown-Headed Parrot

• Jardine's Parrot

• Yellow-Fronted Parrot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wings

Jun 14, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Budgie, "Julie"
What is your favourite poicephalus parrot and why? What is your favorite trait of poicephalus parrots? :22:

since I am partial to Senegals, Safari is quite the entertainer @ copying sounds.

I have 10 birds she is in ear shot of, and each bird has at least 3-5 different sounds or calls.

Safari knows every single call and sound from every bird He gives me a rendition of all the sounds,at least 30 of them every morning,lol.

After all that is done, he then proceeds to do his own sounds, and sounds from the t.v..
One of these days I must record it, it's really amazing.

that is cute and funny. :) my budgie gives me a rundown of her :"dreams" every morning....*whistle... whistle... chirp.................. squaaaaak................ chirp* and it goes on all day... and right before bed she lets out a blood-curdling scream...budgie screams are the most high-pitched persistent scream there is. lol gotta love em :)

When shopping for Gilbert i was considering a Sennie. :) I love Jardines too but there's so much about the senegals that i love. They are so pretty, they have a relatively laid back way about them (the ones i have known anyhow) and are super friendly and charming.

I love them all but partial to sennies. Right now Rio is playing with the toys on the bottom of her cage. She likes to attack them. LOL

Oh, I really, really love Poicephalus parrots; I grew up with a Brown-head and I've obviously got two Sennies now. I'm especially dreaming of Red bellieds and Jardines, though! :)

I love the niam-niam and ruppell's. Such unique birds, but as far as i know ruppel's run for around $750, and niam-niams are like $42,000.... only like 3 or 4 Niam-Niams in breeding captivity. More in zoos though... :)

I'd love a Meyers but I have two senegals who I adore.

Not had experience with others. Jardines are supposed to be fab too though.

Have to vote Sennie though, Merlin would be hurt otherwise!

Our birds are monitoring our typing...I had to be careful when I didn't put option: "Budgie" on there :p lol

I love my Sennie and plan on getting one more, and they would be my favorite Poi (Kippys reading this over my shoulder). I do like the idea of a Jardines though. ;)

African redbellied!!!:D. I adore my Tiki. She is very affectionate, Loves to give kisses, likes to be with you, She is laid back loves to be petted, likes to play, I have had her for a year now and I have only heard two louder shrieks from her and both times it was because the quaker tried to grab her tail feathers and the other time He tried to grab her toe. She copies a lot os sounds , does a lot of clicks, and whistles and is very pleasant to listen to. She is not demanding and loves playing with her toys. In other words the perfect parrot:)

I love them all :)

Poi's have always seemed like the "wise old owl" kind of bird. WHenever I look into their eyes I found they are figuring something out. It's so cool :)

Most Reactions

Back