essential oils

I've seen that page before but I wasn't convinced. I hope some more experienced parronts can chime in because I'd like to use essential oils, not on my bfa himself, but around his cage to deter fruit flies and gnats.

Bumping up to see if anyone else has any comments or thoughts

I have always loved them--at work. I just don't trust them around my fids. Anything that contains volatile oils makes me nervous. I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't know for sure so I don't use them. The fine particulates of volatile oils gets right in the nasal and lung tissue. Some say for better, I'm not so sure.

I'm with Kalidasa - I think they have wonderful properties but I'm too nercous to use them around my fid. Wish I could though!

I use a product called Tei Fu from Nature Sunshine. I've been using it for along time, and it's strong. You can smell me coming a mile away. But I have to use it because I have fibromyalgia and it helps to relax my muscles and joint pain. It doesn't seem to bother Rio at all. I never apply it with her directly in the room but when it's time to go bed, she is in my small bedroom with me. I am carful though.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back