Does anyone know how to make websites?

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
I think I need one, I have started a small business making mini terrariums, but I need a website to help me sell them. But I would have no idea how to do that haha. Thanks :)

I've tried making one, but it costed like 30 dollars a month so i said NOPE.
Hopefully someone knows how to, I really like plants and terrariums!

Thank you both very much! I will have a look in the morning :) about to go to bed now! Tired time!
Did you like them Wendy? If I could post them I would make you one! But I'm pretty sure it's impossible! Lol

Thank you both very much! I will have a look in the morning :) about to go to bed now! Tired time!
Did you like them Wendy? If I could post them I would make you one! But I'm pretty sure it's impossible! Lol

Is there any chance you could post some examples tomorrow? I'd really like to see them :)

I will, I'm trying to figure out how to get photos on this forum using the tapatalk app though, all the photos are on my iPhone lol. If you add me on my Facebook I have plenty, I
The link to my facebook is on my profile on here

Have you considered selling on a site like Etsy? They do take a listing fee (small) and percentage of sale price BUT you get a whole lot more traffic and potential buyers through a big name site vs a independent start up.

I actually looked into this last year when I started working from home, and found running etsy and ebay stores was easier and brought in more sales than my own website. They were easy to set up too:) I make *almost* what I did on my full time job buying up, refinishing then reselling things on ebay. Haven't really had the time to focus on the creative sewing I would like to do on Etsy, but terrariums sound like they would fit right in with the type of shoppers there:) I look forward to seeing some pictures of them!

Last edited:
I use squarespace for mine, but it does cost money. I am not tech savvy at all though, so having them really helps.

I have them on eBay and gumtree, but I'm not really getting any views. I'm not really sure how to advertise and get them out there! Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

craigslist maybe?

Have you considered selling on a site like Etsy? They do take a listing fee (small) and percentage of sale price BUT you get a whole lot more traffic and potential buyers through a big name site vs a independent start up.

I actually looked into this last year when I started working from home, and found running etsy and ebay stores was easier and brought in more sales than my own website. They were easy to set up too:) I make *almost* what I did on my full time job buying up, refinishing then reselling things on ebay. Haven't really had the time to focus on the creative sewing I would like to do on Etsy, but terrariums sound like they would fit right in with the type of shoppers there:) I look forward to seeing some pictures of them!

That's a good idea! I can see that these websites have much more traffic than going the independent route. Even if they charge a small fee, I'm sure it's cheaper than paying a company monthly for hosting your website and search engine visibility.

Ah right, I had no idea haha. I guess I'll have to pay something lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back