Do you think this toy is OK

Trina

Jun 23, 2012
Nashville tn
Parrots
Screech - Sun Conure
Gitana - Eclectus
Well those little thin wooden toys, Gitana goes through them fast, she can distroy a wooden toy in a snap..my husband reminded me i had 2 wooden trains, that i used to have out if my friends babies came over, but its mostly just collecting dust...

Can I give her this to toy with its all wooden its a melissa and doug toy, i remember it said it was safe for kids (lead free)when i got it, but IDK if it would be OK for her, i think it might be something fun for her and its gonna take some time for her to destroy it LOL

Attachments

• 5I55G55J13F43Nc3l5c76ef04c697f8d015c4.jpg
    5I55G55J13F43Nc3l5c76ef04c697f8d015c4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Oh those are cute !! IMO , I would either give them so somebody in the family or a good friend , they're way too cute to have wrecked :)
But , if you really want to give them Gitana , MHO , I wouldn't , better be safe then sorry...
I mean , if you write the company and ask them , they probably won't comment because they are made for kids ( the flesh kind ) .
I just wouldn't take a chance...

Usually I would say yes to any baby toys, but you don't know what all is in the paint, or what wood was used to create that. If the paint isn't chemical ridden I am sure that pressed wood isn't the most untoxic.

If you are not sure what wood it is, what kind of paint etc etc
I would agree with the above members, it is not worth the risk

I would also be wary of the paint. That paint has a shine to it and is the kind that doesn't come off easily. Babies can't break through the paint to ingest it but parrots will.

Yes the paint has a shine , thats why i was unsure, I was thinking well its made for a baby thats gonna put it in their mouth but like u said babies cant tear a toy up like a parrot can.ty.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back