Dander

Newbe

Feb 7, 2024
Parrots
Two Green Cheek Conures, female and male
My two conures are in a room that's not that big so their Dander is pretty strong. Is there anyone out there that can help me with this issue. maybe some kind of air filtration system...

I have a little hand vacuum that I use daily in the bird room and I wipe down main surfaces with a damp rag when I’m done vacuuming. It only takes a couple minutes but really helps to keep down the bird dust. I also use ( as a lot of us do) an air purifier in the room. A simple stand alone unit, mine is made by Honeywell, can help a lot. I vacuum the pre- filter about once a week as it does collect a lot of dust/dander etc. The one thing to be careful of with air purifiers is you do not want one with an ionizer. An ionizer is potentially harmful to birds’ lungs.

I have a Blueair, expensive and it's doesn't do anything for the dander. I don't know why but just doesn't. Your Honeywell helps??? Which one

I have a Blueair, expensive and it's doesn't do anything for the dander. I don't know why but just doesn't. Your Honeywell helps??? Which one
I don’t think the Honeywell air purifier would work by itself to clear the dander, but in conjunction with the daily cleaning it helps. Here is the one I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm gonna start wiping down the furniture like you do.

Most Reactions

Back