cuddle factor?

Casey

May 26, 2012
NJ
Parrots
GCC: Pretty Bird h.1/10/12 & CAG: Mj h. 2/18/12 & Scarlet Macaw: Scarlet h. 7/12/12
Looking at a beautiful scarlet macaw...
She is very cuddly.

Are your macaws cuddle bugs? Or is that rare.
I don't mean cockatoo cuddly, will sit with you to be scratched.

Thanks

Fargo sits next to me and falls asleep while i scratch him, will do this every day, and then he will just sit on my hand preening my fingers lol
and then we play in the evening while hes upside down on my lap and chest and i hold him in my arms and give him a kiss :p sometimes he will hop on my bed while im lying there and put his head into my belly and fall asleep while i scratch him haha

I wouldnt say he is the 'cuddly' type, just affectionate :p

Of my 4, Zaf is the cuddle bug. Salsa likes to be held close and scratched while I'm watching TV, but he plays kind of rough at times. Jack likes to hang out on my shoulder indefinitely - he's quite a terrific shoulder bird. Maynard isn't terribly into closeness, but he steps up and down just fine. Then there's Zaf! He's the cuddliest cuddle bug EVER! He just buries himself against me and melts in. And he loves to sleep on my chest. He's like a living fluffy stuffed animal :)

Roscoe, my Catalina hybrid is my cuddle bug, when he is in the mood. He will hug up against me & preen me.

Angel, his older brother doesn't like to be held, but he has disabilities which prevent him from standing or perching like a normal parrot and isn't quite as trusting as Roscoe. We're still working on that tho'.

Most Reactions

Back