Critical days for swallows in middle Europe

widor

Aug 23, 2021
Media
Hungary
Parrots
2 Green Check Conures,2 linolated parakeets- RIP, 2 kakariki
Hello, still under the pressure and aware that you are mostly from USA on this forum but I feel to share this sad experience . In the last few days our beloved swallows found themselves in a storm with sudden temperature drop of nearly 20 degrees, rain for 4 day therefore no food for them. Hundreds ! are dropped dead of hunger , it was devastating. Civils get on the rescue as well and picked up as many wet, hungry, cold little buddies as one might can. The rescue centers are full , not possible to buy any mealworm in the local pet shops as sudden demand was kilograms..

Myself also tried to help as much as I can , went to check the local birds twice daily, found many dead bodies or so weak ones that he could not hold on until we got home...:(. One little bird was lucky enough to be found early and he is such a character. Refused to be fed -he only accepted mealworms if I let them loose on the floor and he got them. He was not happy to stay in a box either but needed to be left by the window- where he can see outside looking for the sky-for his home.

After 2 days luckily he was full of energy , the sun shines non stop , so it was time to say goodbye and wish for a safe trip to Africa. Went to check for a flock he can join , after a one last drop in my palm, there he goes flying happily with friends:).

Safe travel for all of them, and hope they will be all back in spring.🖤

For the memory of those little souls we lost.💔

Attachments

• P1040483_111804.JPG
    P1040483_111804.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 5

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back