Cricket is home!

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
So for weeks i was at a toss up on getting this rainbow lorikeet. I told myself if she was still there is 2 weeks, i had to go see her. So a few days ago, we made a 2 hour trip to see Cricket. The previous owner said he had plenty of interest on her but most people had no idea about lorikeets, he would ask them about the diet and when they didnt know, that was the end for him. He had her for 3 years and was moving to new york for school, you could tell he was really upset. She stepped up to both of us immediately and we fell in love. We brought her home where she went to her bed and told us it was bedtime. The next morning i opened her cage and changed her food and water, she ate a bit and spent most of the day on my shoulder cuddling with me. She loves all of us, gives kisses, talks, laughs and loves to play! Heres a few pics.

Attachments

• cricket.jpg
    cricket.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20120410_110014.jpg
    IMG_20120410_110014.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 250
what a beautiful bird, no wonder you fell in love. good luck. Alison and Sweetie Pie

I'm glad you found one who is such a sweetie. I always read they were nippy or I'd have gotten one, too. They are gorgeous!

I'm glad you found one who is such a sweetie. I always read they were nippy or I'd have gotten one, too. They are gorgeous!

I read the opposite, that even in the wild they are quite friendly little things. They have them in an aviary at quite a few zoos where people can handle them freely. I dont wonder if people mistake their need to taste EVERYTHING for being nippy. Ours has to put her beak and tongue on anything she can, from people to clothes, etc. She kept hopping over to my son, hes 2, and trying to lick him and he got upset thinking she was trying to bite. Now whenever shes out, he has to be the first to be licked, lol

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back