Confused

Ringo2023

Apr 27, 2024
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parakeet
So I have had Ringo for about a year and a half now and I still can’t touch him and he won’t touch me or even sit on my finger. But I’m confused because he will move closer to the side of the cage I am on and just look at me, then will move away when I talk or look back at him. Then I offer him seeds because I think that is what he wants but then he won’t take them from me. Is he just trying to be near me without interacting with me? His cage is in my room by my bed btw lol. He just confuses me because I see people have problems with their IR, but there problems are they can’t touch them but they can still sit on their finger or something. Ringo will not let me touch him at all. The only time I touch him is when he eats seeds (cautiously) out of my hand and I can sneakily move my fingers of the same hand to touch his stomach. But now he doesn’t even want to eat out of my hand anymore but still visits my side of the cage. HES SO CONFUSING

My first budgie took a year+ to warm up to me. The short answer is different birds have different personalities.

RIngneck parrots are pretty stubborn sometimes. THey like schedules and things they can anticipate. Be patient and always build trust with him

Most Reactions

Back