Cockatiel Pacing

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
So I have a new pair of Cockatiels. The question is does anyone know why they are pacing in the bottom of their cage ? They paced so much yesterday I was constantly cleaning our their food and water bowls as they kept kicking wood chips into them.

im not exactly sure but i know in budgie's pacing means I WANT OUT! lol maybe they just wanted to get out of there cage:)

Are you feeding them the same thing they had at their prior home? Mine pace back and forth on the bottom when they want their "treat" their veges or birdie bread. I feed that stuff on a tiny plate on the bottom.

My birdy paces when she wants attention! Provide snuggles, stat!

So I have a new pair of Cockatiels. The question is does anyone know why they are pacing in the bottom of their cage ? They paced so much yesterday I was constantly cleaning our their food and water bowls as they kept kicking wood chips into them.

I would keep their food and water dishes up high in the cage - above their perches... What kind of wood chips do they kick into their food and water?

Pacing is mostly for attention, food etc...

I changed the wood shavings to newspaper yesterday, and moved them to the quieter side of the room near the Amazon's and away from the conures. That seemed to make them happy, as they quit pacing and sat happily on their perch snuggled together. They will get their new cage today(48x32x25) which is much larger than what they have now, so that should be paradise for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back