Candy for my bird?!?!

Atlas

Nov 10, 2012
Littleton, New Hampshire
Parrots
Atlas the Blue and Gold Macaw
We ordered a new cage and some toys for Atlas at My Safe Bird Store online. I just got the package with the toys in the mail along with an invoice and what looked like treats for my bird. There was some Chinese finger traps for chewing then.... CANDY?! Tootsie Rolls, Kit Kats, Starburst... These things are bad for my bird! Am I wrong or could the treats have (confusingly) been meant for me?

Last edited:
Kathie from MSBS always includes candy as a treat for the bird owners. Definitely don't feed them to your bird! ;)

LOL. Yes, Kathie wraps and packs BEAUTIFULLY, doesn't she? :D Those candies are for your enjoyment. :)

Is it too pushy to ask for pictures of your candy..I mean bird goodies?

Oh no, she sends them to you! :D I got candy with my package near Halloween and attached to the bag was a note reading "Enjoy your Halloween candy!" She doesn't always write notes though, as I've ordered multiple times from Kathie. But yeah, its for you. :p The finger traps are for your birds though. :D

LOL. Yes, Kathie wraps and packs BEAUTIFULLY, doesn't she? :D Those candies are for your enjoyment. :)

Is it too pushy to ask for pictures of your candy..I mean bird goodies?

My camera is acting up but I'll work on getting a picture of Atlas playing with his first foraging toy!!!

I agree with FutureDVM! Kathie typically includes a special treat or gift for the humans when she can, especially on large orders!

I got a cute little hanging bird platter from her in one order along with some other cool neat things!

I'm waiting for my package, always excited to get things from my safe bird store :D Luckily I wasn't surprised by the treats the first time since someone mentioned them on this forum lol

I always look forward to my bag of candy from Kathie! :)

Really you buy your birdie treats and you get treats too. That is awesome. Does she deliver worldwide?

Wendy, here's Mom and Atlas playing with his first foraging toy, which he loves! Also you can see our loot in there ;)

Attachments

• DSC09291.jpg
    DSC09291.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 96
AWESOME! Atlas seems to absolutely LOVE his new foraging toy!!! Yes, I see the "loot", lol. :D

Thanks so much for the picture :)

Oh Wendy, you have no idea!! He LOVES it!! Sometimes he kinda tips over the cups and drops his treats, but most of the time he gobbles it all up!

Most Reactions

Back