Can someone please help me

Life2good

Jul 4, 2015
I have African gray she is 3 years old she is a lovely parrot.

Is about 2 month she started biting perch and take piece by piece and I have already replaced the perch few times she keep doing this. She have alot of toys to play but she always go for the perch
Can someone please help me how to fix this issue

Hi , my Cockatoos do the same thing. You could find Java wood perches [its stronger]. Sometimes my Toos have gone through their perches so fast . We had to use untreated 2 by 4 pine boards for a temporary fix.I feel your pain :)

Hi , my Cockatoos do the same thing. You could find Java wood perches [its stronger]. Sometimes my Toos have gone through their perches so fast . We had to use untreated 2 by 4 pine boards for a temporary fix.I feel your pain :)

It is pain ,So you bought Java wood and she stop playing with the perch

Yes it was more like a branch of them that I could put in their cages [like part of a tree branch.

If you have maple, sycamore, guava, or citrus trees, you can use the branches to make your own perches. Of course, you must be certain the tree has not been treated with anything!

Lol. That's just what parrots do! They chew wood. My "brilliant":rolleyes: boy will chew wood perches right out from under his feet. I finally stopped giving them to him because I was afraid he would get hurt falling. He has rope perches, a pedicure perch, a metal platform perch, a stainless perch on his swing, and some molded plastic perches on his play stand. Still LOTS of variety and various sizes to keep his feet healthy, but he doesn't seem to go after any other material but wood with perches. If your bird likes to chew up his wood perches, give him perches made out of different materials or plan to replace the perches frequently (perhaps find a good source of cheap/free bird safe wood?):)

Thanks guys I will give the the rope and the java wood a go and see if it make any difference

Try providing more wood style toys, or toys of similar material to the perch. Or just find really cheap perches to keep the bird busy. Its a good thing if she is chewing stuff

Thanks guys i bought the Jave tree perch all sort it now no more biting on the perch and taking piece of it.

Most Reactions

Back