Buzzing!

kanundra

Apr 25, 2013
Lancashire
Parrots
IRN blue
After my failed attempt at getting Bobby to step up onto my arm (uncovered) where he got first blood.

He's been in a playful mood this afternoon, so I rolled him a treat in some paper, and went towards him with it. He instantly knows something is nice inside.... and he wanted it. So I placed my arm under him a little too far away for him to grab the treat. And tentatively, he beaked, then stepped onto my jumper arm underneath

How literally awesome.

I tried it again and he did it a second time.... I'm thrilled.

I know, I think when you get rejected, you kinda think 'oh they're never going to get it' but you persevere and they do. So intelligent. I'm over the moon and will soon have him doing nice little tricks. Maybe he won't ever be as tame as a hand reared bird, but I'll do my best with time, patience and rewards. :)

That's great! I hope you continue to see lots of progress as time goes by! :)

Sometimes it's like one step forward and then one step back.

He came on the couch today and got on my head preening my hair. Thought he'd have a look over and pinch my glasses. Then he tried to take a chunk off my eye lashes. :(

He did so well up to then and well lesson learned, he's not allowed on my head till he stops nipping everything he thinks might taste good!

Most Reactions

Back