Brady's response to criticism

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So Brady was on the java stand in the studio while I was working and she is keeping herself busy tearing up a new toy. Tons of tooth pick size pieces of wood all over so I bent down and was cleaning up after her. All the while complaining about what a stinker she was and look at this mess and how lucky she is that I love her so dearly....and she pooped in my hair!! :eek:

She told me, I am her slave and there will be no complaints!:p

LOL!!!! That is something Buddy would do to me. I think Venus is still playing nice and not pooping on me, I'm waiting for our first accident but wow, your hair?? What a major clean up! That is real love and real love testing, lol!!

Did I ever tell you the story about Tusk, and what he did to me, when he bombarded me with "Wanna go outside" "Wanna go for a walk" And I didn't take him outside...

He didn't poop on me. Oh, no, my conures were poop trained. So he commanded them to do it, using MY voice... (and being the well trained little birds they were, all three of them immediately obliged with big wet ones!)

Well, then he goes into his poofy bird dance, and says "Gotta clean up the poopy mess!"

On the one hand the jaw drops open, and it's all you can do to keep from laughing... on the other hand, you want to pull a Homer Simpson, "Why you little..."

Last edited:
Birdman I have bronchitis and my lungs are now cleared from laughing at you and Tusk, lol! Laughing included massive amounts of coughing and choking from uncontrolled laughter. Tusk is a character, lol!!!

Birdman I have bronchitis and my lungs are now cleared from laughing at you and Tusk, lol! Laughing included massive amounts of coughing and choking from uncontrolled laughter. Tusk is a character, lol!!!

He has always been my instigator... and my biggest trouble maker. (Along with that RFM!)

The funny thing is, that for many years I only worked with the neurotic, phobic, plucking CAGS... so much so, that I didn't want one. And their personalities were 180 degrees from a normal CAG personality... so I had absolutely no idea how much fun a properly socialized one could be. (Rachel actually MADE ME take Tusk! If you can believe that one!) I was so biased against them in those days. She raised him from a confiscated egg... I finished his hand feeding.

And that, I believe, is a reflection on how they were raised. I'm virtually certain it's primarily and environmental and socialization problem.

All the healthy CAGS I've messed with have been attitudinous like Tusk... and having been raised with Macaws and Amazons, Tusk has a little extra attitude... which is what makes him so much fun, and such an aggravating bird both at the same time.

Last edited:
Laura, how dare you question Brady's absolute authority? Now you know better!

Thanks for the additional laughs, Mark! Very clever birds.

Thankfully Poppy is paper trained now, but the first weeks she was here she would stand on her balcony and wait for an opportunity to poop on me while I cleaned her cage.

Did I ever tell you the story about Tusk, and what he did to me, when he bombarded me with "Wanna go outside" "Wanna go for a walk" And I didn't take him outside...

He didn't poop on me. Oh, no, my conures were poop trained. So he commanded them to do it, using MY voice... (and being the well trained little birds they were, all three of them immediately obliged with big wet ones!)

Well, then he goes into his poofy bird dance, and says "Gotta clean up the poopy mess!"

On the one hand the jaw drops open, and it's all you can do to keep from laughing... on the other hand, you want to pull a Homer Simpson, "Why you little..."

Seriously we are all slaves of our birds. They know what levers to pull and exactly when.

Most Reactions

Back