Blue and gold macaw beak

oskcaz

Oct 4, 2014
Hey guys just recently got a blue and gold macaw kind of a rescue someone was not treating him right and neglecting so I decided to take him in . He was pretty aggressive couldn't even touch him before now I can pet him and bathe him no problem :) I've noticed his bottom beak on one side is really low and one side is overgrown . Theres a vet around here that can trim his beak but I don't think there's a chance of him letting them do that with how aggressive he is towards new people. Anything I can put in his cage for him to help trim his beak himself ?

If his lower mandible is growing irregularly, it's best to have the vet straighten it out the right way. If this is a good avian vet, he will know exactly how to properly restrain your B&G without getting bitten, and without too much of a struggle. (It will require 2 people) :)

Also provide lots of wood, blocks of even just 2 x 2 ;s cut up. Does not have to look pretty just place them all in a bucket and let him go to town chewing them up.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back