Birds that coexist

Jacinta98

Aug 10, 2024
Hello,
I currently have a large aviary that is housing 3 Indian ring necks (used to have more), 1 rosella (other died of natural causes), 2 lorikeets and 2 quails. And Recently over the last month we have been having some of the quails and Indian ring necks being attacked and are not sure as to which bird it could be hurting them. They have all been housed in the aviary since February prior to these attack's. My main question is which birds can be coexist and which birds may need to be put into another aviary? All online info I have researched has been saying misleading things.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Hello,
I currently have a large aviary that is housing 3 Indian ring necks (used to have more), 1 rosella (other died of natural causes), 2 lorikeets and 2 quails. And Recently over the last month we have been having some of the quails and Indian ring necks being attacked and are not sure as to which bird it could be hurting them. They have all been housed in the aviary since February prior to these attack's. My main question is which birds can be coexist and which birds may need to be put into another aviary? All online info I have researched has been saying misleading things.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

There are a few species mentioned here that could be causing your problem. Indian ringnecks, lorikeets (particularly rainbows) and rosellas can all become prone to territorial aggression, and since the passing of one of your rosellas, the dynamics of your flock may have changed and they may not be living as harmoniously as they once did. It may pay you to set up a camera so you can monitor them and see who the culprit is.

Most Reactions

Back