Bird Expo Parrots?

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
Hi everyone.

There is a bird expo coming up in August where I live. Now before I got Bella I was thinking of purchasing a bird from an expo, because there would be a variety of birds for me to carefully choose from.

Now I was told from the pet store owners that buying a bird from these expos are not a good idea. why? they told me that a lot of people who goes to bird show probably knows nothing about birds/parrot. Sometimes people can get tricked in to purchasing an old bird instead of a young bird because beginners cant tell. (Not that there are anything wrong with an old bird) Also the lady told me that someone she knew purchased a bird from and expo and ended up dying do to a disease. She said that if one bird is sick and someone touches the bird that is sick and touches another's breeders bird it can be passed on, which can cause a healthy bird to become ill. (probably what happened to that lady's bird)

Anyways my question is what do you guys think? Is it true that its not a good idea to purchase a bird from an expo?

See all my birds :) Ive gotten them from all walks of life Bird fairs ,Breeders ,Craigslist ,Pet stores ,Peoples pets . Honestly ,you take your chances anywhere. I used to think that I had to get all my birds from this one guy. Who bragged he had the healthiest birds. my beloved Macaw died last year that I got from him from PDD .So I learned that Im going to get birds from wherever I want. I think you know how to recognize a sick bird. Just do what your supposed to with a vet when you get your bird. Ive gotten 3 birds from Bird fairs [the people were a little shady]. But the birds were fine.I think its funny your pet store was telling you that [they usually get their birds from brokers].All birds need good homes ,you do what feels right.

See all my birds :) Ive gotten them from all walks of life Bird fairs ,Breeders ,Craigslist ,Pet stores ,Peoples pets . Honestly ,you take your chances anywhere. I used to think that I had to get all my birds from this one guy. Who bragged he had the healthiest birds. my beloved Macaw died last year that I got from him from PDD .So I learned that Im going to get birds from wherever I want. I think you know how to recognize a sick bird. Just do what your supposed to with a vet when you get your bird. Ive gotten 3 birds from Bird fairs [the people were a little shady]. But the birds were fine.I think its funny your pet store was telling you that [they usually get their birds from brokers].All birds need good homes ,you do what feels right.

Oh I see. I just thought they wanted me to buy the bird from them instead of the expo haha cas they mention that in August there are no babies since spring time is over and I'll have to wait till next year

Most Reactions

Back