Beaker update

BeakersBro

Dec 27, 2012
Parrots
Beaker: Cape Parrot
I just made this big pot if food for Beaker. Now I have to put it in containers in the freezer
404904_10200619420829291_500838785_n.jpg

Also, here is a video i took last week
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghnYcmivzT4]Beaker doing Beaker stuff - YouTube[/ame]

Meal looks great Mishka would love to come over for dinner
Loved the video, and the head bopping
What a great place to preen
000204AE.gif

What does the head bopping mean, my Kippy does it all the time lately and I cant for the life of me tell what it means! Beaker is absolutely adorable, I love the little beeps!

ooo! i need to make a big pot like that! What all is in there?
Also super cute video :) Beaker is crazy cute!

That food looks really good - is it a mix you've purchased, or did you make your own?

My daughter's Quaker does a head bob like that, it's so cute!

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

What does the head bopping mean
that means they are happy or having a good time lol

What all is in there?
It's
corn
peas
chick-peas
a half-bag of dried navy beans
a half-bag of dried mixed beans (including lima, pinto, and a lot of other types)
(you should soak the dried beans the night before in water in the fridge so they don't expand in the pot)
little pasta shells
long-grain rice
carrots
yams

Actually in this pot, I forgot to buy carrots, so I used double yams.
You can also add/substitute crushed eggshells, potatos, sweet-potatos, and other veggies as desired.

The goal is to make most of the water boil away during the cooking process so the final result as fairly dry and not sticky. That's hard for me to do since I suck at cooking.

It's based on this recepe. Scroll down to "#6 A Healthy Hookbill Diet".

is it a mix you've purchased, or did you make your own?
I just bought the ingreedients at a food store. It's all regular human-food. thank you

Thanks for posting! That huge pot looks like it could feed my little girl for months!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back