BaxterBall (video)

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6dUi5IuIo&feature=youtu.be"]BaxterBall - YouTube[/ame]

I think he is ready to tryout for the Harlem BirdTrotters :)

How fun is that?!

So I take it your videos came? What did you think of that stuff?!

Last edited:
How fun is that?!

It is SO much fun, Mark! Videos did arrive but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. Hoping for a bit of downtime tomorrow.

Great video, love the music and Baxter.

yaaaaaaay go Baxter!!!!. Love those tricks he's been learning. Thanks for sharing your darlings tricks. :D

BRILLIANT!!! :D Absolutely LOVED how you put the video together with the music, the slow mo part....everything is just AWESOME!!! :D

How fun is that?!

It is SO much fun, Mark! Videos did arrive but haven't had a chance to watch them yet. Hoping for a bit of downtime tomorrow.

Yep! This is about to blow your mind!

Give it another month...

Your bird clearly enjoys this stuff... he's gonna be a really good trick bird.

And it's playtime...

How fun is that?!

Yep! This is about to blow your mind!

Give it another month...

Your bird clearly enjoys this stuff... he's gonna be a really good trick bird.

And it's playtime...

That's why I really enjoy this - because I feel it is great bonding time that is fun for both of us. Plus, seeing the "light" go on in his eyes when he figures out what I'm asking him to do is so rewarding!

Today we started the preliminary work on ring toss. He kept grabbing the ring in such a way that it was going over his head which he didn't enjoy much - LOL!

I had to demonstrate that one to my conures a few times. Where I hit a snag was they had trouble getting the ring up high enough at first to get it over the peg. I never had one with a ring around the head... did have a couple of bonking themselves on the head as I recall.

That would definitely be upsetting to them...

The other thing that my birds liked, were those wooden puzzles that they make for babies, with the shapes and pictures on them. You can get those at the used baby store for next to nothing, or new for about five bucks.

The little shapes, and such, that go in the holes. Yours would probably like that one.

Last edited:
LMBO!! I'm with Wendy here! I loved the slo-mo stuff..lol..would have been a kicker on the first one if Baxter made a slam-dunk!

Jim

So, I'm dying to know what you thought of those videos...

And dying to see what Baxter's gonna learn next... :D

I always enjoyed this stuff with my conures.

Watched only about 15 minutes of one of the videos so far. I want to watch more but have been busy doing all kinds of things that seem like nothing but they just add up time wise!

Baxter has been working on putting the ring on the peg. He has finally mastered it! Now I'm asking him to differentiate colors. Starting out with blue and yellow. Just when I think he understands the concept, he puts the yellow ring on the blue peg. Or the blue ring on the yellow peg.

I'm trying to do 2 sessions a day. The ring toss sessions have been a bit shorter because he gets frustrated and loses interest when I don't reward him for putting the wrong ring on a peg.

When he figures it out, you KNOW a video will be posted! :)

Most Reactions

Back