B&G macaw age??

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Used to have alot fo parrots. But right now only have a Male Ekki
How do I judge a macaw by his look? Can anyone guide me?

Young Macaws have black eyes . Theirs something to do with their feet { im sure what that is]. Maybe someone can chime in.

Young Macaws have black eyes . Theirs something to do with their feet { im sure what that is]. Maybe someone can chime in.

That is true that young macaws have dark eyes and they lighten as they age and of course baby macaws act like babies, but once their eyes change there's no way to tell if they are 5 or 50 from looks alone.

Ok guy thanks for comments.. I will post his pics when I got it..

Any info for this leg ring id no??

leg band NO: 36QS 7836 AE 11

Was told by the bird shop staff say the B&G Macaw was about 1yr old.. So i dont know weather is true or not.. But he/she very friendly and can turn upside down!!!

No way to really tell from that picture, but he looks young to me...

And goofy...

And mushy...

And goofy...

And mushy...

Thanks buddy.. he very friendly to other peoples. But once awhile he will frighten someone and act like he wanna to bite them.

Anyway a feathers plucker bird mix with the macaw, will the BnG follow the plucker, pluck the feather?

Yup, I agree with Mark (birdman). He 'looks' young to me, too. (And I'm only saying that due to his beak still being rather smooth looking, my 5 year old B&G's beak looks more...worn, LOL)

And goofy...

And mushy...

Thanks buddy.. he very friendly to other peoples. But once awhile he will frighten someone and act like he wanna to bite them.

I've never seen a macaw that doesn't do that... even friendly ones play that game.

Yup, I agree with Mark (birdman). He 'looks' young to me, too. (And I'm only saying that due to his beak still being rather smooth looking, my 5 year old B&G's beak looks more...worn, LOL)

can i see urs bng?

Just met up with xiaohe and saw his new blue & gold. Nice parrot you have there. Congrats!

His feet are solid black, that's a way you can tell he's young. My blue and gold macaw is 27 and his feet are light with a little black on the top.

I also not sure. Age related to eye and feet.. Maybe can share pictures with me???

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back