Anyone have a crimson bellied conure?

NiR

Jul 30, 2012
How do they compare to a GCC in size, cudliness, nipiness, whose quieter and whose calmer in general?Any info would be greatly appreciated.

i am fully aware that every bird is a special case but just trying to understand a general difference between the species if there is even a difference.

I have one and she is wonderful! In general, they are slightly larger than green cheeks, but not by a whole lot. According to Avianweb.com, the weight range for CBCs is 79-94 grams while the range for GCCs is 60-80 grams. Penny weighed in at 86 grams at her last vet visit.

In general, I would say that Penny isn't a super cuddly bird, although she does like to have her head scratched. She is very sweet and usually not very nippy at all. The only time she generally gets nippy is when she meets new people, but she usually warms up to them pretty quickly. She is a little bit more laid back than the green cheeks I've encountered, but she's still a conure and has plenty of energy.

I would say that Penny is a very quiet bird in general. I used to have cockatiels and a lovebird, and she is way quieter than they were. I've heard people say that they are louder than green cheeks, but I haven't personally experienced that.

i dont own a CBC, but i agree with futuredvm. i have heard they are more laid back and less nippy, good luck with your choice :).

i dont own a CBC, but i agree with futuredvm. i have heard they are more laid back and less nippy, good luck with your choice :).

i just wish they were as cuddly. Seems like they arent as cuddly.

Most Reactions

Back