another milestone for Safari!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
oh happy day!,lol. Safari is one patient bird, for a Senegal.
He has patiently told me repeatedly that he DOES NOT step up, well ha ha on you Safari!!.:D
guess who stepped up on a perch tonight, for the very first time?:eek:

I am one persistent person who doesn't take NO for an answer, especially when it's something as simple as 'step up'. It has taken weeks for him to realize I will not give in.

He HATES perches to step up on, but I can't reach him when he is on the boinger which is hanging from the ceiling. Every night we go thru this at bed time, and he gently takes his foot and pushes the perch away, it's really cute, but annoying, talk about a battle of wills...it's such a simple thing:mad:

Beth : 1 Safari 0

Gosh! Even winning that small concession from a Senegal is an incredible thing! They have such strong wills! I keep telling Sidney "No you are not going to run around on the floor chewing on things." and have picked him up half a million times. But he refuses to give in.

And just to prove his point, he jumped off my left foot and I had to go get him while responding.

Brats they are! Everyone one of them!

jyyytttttttttttttttttttttttttujkj9 <---Secret Sidney message to other Senegals to keep up the good work, I think.

oh I know, I've had Safari here 9 months now, and stepping up is few and far between.
But I have to say one thing, Safari has never bitten me ever!, and is very gentle with me, thank goodness, and I hope it stays that way

Yay Beth! It's milestones like these that make it all worthwhile. Well done - I look forward to hearing more of Safari's progress. :D :D :D

Nice job with your Safari. Sometimes is takes a while before behaviors can be changed. I am still working with Julio and I am sure I will STILL be working with Julio the rest of his life. I never push him or force him to do anything. I know where I stand with him and because he is bonded to Lupe he does not like me at all.

Even the smallest thing feels like a milestone. Please enjoy your milestone you really deserve it. You have done really well with that parrot.

Congratulations! That's one thing I don't like about my guys, if they're up high (door frame, etc) they growl and refuse to step up (or down!) Other than that, Charlie will step up 99% of the time, and Merlin... 'beaks up'.

Well done! So cute to hear she pushes it away with her foot haha. Battle of wills indeed!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back