Almost got Scammed today!! (crisis averted!)

Vampiric_Conure63

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Joined
May 16, 2022
Messages
2,606
Reaction score
4,461
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 26 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-25yrs -Grey Tiel
Zesty(F)-15+yrs-Lutino Tiel
Cinder(F)-15yrs-Pearl Tiel
Vortex (F) - H March 15 2024
QUasar (??)-2 yr-YS GCC
Yvons (M)-18 yrs-CAG
Someone tried selling me a 700 dollar 'Bronze Headed Pionus' this morning. That was a red flag to me. Red flag two was when they said they'd deliver straight to my door and it was included in the $700 price tag. Riiiiiiiight. Then, with my spidey sense tingling (okay, SCREAMING) at me, I asked a very important question: Could they take a picture of the bird and hold up a drawing of a smiley face beside it? I wanted to make sure I wasn't being scammed and I told them so.

I was immediately Ghosted.

Be careful out there, if you're buying a larger parrot! Scammers crawl out of the wood work like cockroaches if they get the scent of money!
 
Someone tried selling me a 700 dollar 'Bronze Headed Pionus' this morning. That was a red flag to me. Red flag two was when they said they'd deliver straight to my door and it was included in the $700 price tag. Riiiiiiiight. Then, with my spidey sense tingling (okay, SCREAMING) at me, I asked a very important question: Could they take a picture of the bird and hold up a drawing of a smiley face beside it? I wanted to make sure I wasn't being scammed and I told them so.

I was immediately Ghosted.

Be careful out there, if you're buying a larger parrot! Scammers crawl out of the wood work like cockroaches if they get the scent of money!
I find that most people have good hearts but it makes me sad to know that some people are heartless scammers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom